Install from Live CD has wrong host name

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sun Jun 14 13:21:19 UTC 2009

I have gotten into the habit of installing from Live CD, since I want to verify
that my hardware is still supported by the current release. It seems that if you
do that the following happens:
- the install starts
- the hostname screen appears with the correct hostname obtained from DHCP
- the system is installed with hostname localhost at localdomain instead
- you get to hand edit entries in sysconfig and /etc/hosts to fix it

I haven't tried install from the install DVD yet, but on a virtual install it
seems to offer the localhost name right away instead of using DHCP, then keeps
the name you enter. Is this because I haven't changed the name? Would it work if
I deleted the (corrent) name from DHCP and then manually typed in the same value?

Finally, is this for some reason the intended behavior, for some political
correctness reason?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>