Firefox - open site from a link in a different program

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sun Jun 14 13:57:26 UTC 2009

Frank Cox wrote:
> With the Firefox that was included in F10, when I clicked on a link in my email
> client that link would open in a new tab in Firefox.
>
> With F11, the link opens in the currently-open tab in Firefox, replacing the
> content that I had there previously.
>
> The same thing happens when, for example, clicking "Learn More" in the Get
> Addons window -- the website appears in the  currently open tab instead of
> opening a new one.
>
> How can I get the previous behaviour back?  Sometimes I want to go through an
> email and click on all of the links, then switch to Firefox and read each tab.
> I can't do that any more.

Open "about:config" in FF and look at the options there, or in the options for
your mail program. I use seamonkey-2.0beta so it's all integrated there, and I
can open in a tab. If your mail program somehow specifies using the current
window you will have to fix it there.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>