F11 bind-chroot - a question?

Mail Lists lists at sapience.com
Sun Jun 14 17:26:55 UTC 2009

On 06/14/2009 07:51 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> administration.
>
> Why not just *always* run bind chroot?

  If someone installs bind-chroot - then yes obviously.

> Have the files live in /var/named,

  No. If bind-chroot is installed then all files should live under the
chroot.

  If non-chroot'ed bind - then they should live under the non-chroot'ed
root (ie /).

 Either way - there should only be one set of files - period. Links are
pointless. And selinux should do its selinux thing either way.

  Best I can understand the current F11 does not set up the chroot
correctly - second hand as I have yet to install f11.

gene/