scim and keyboard input issues still

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jun 14 17:33:08 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 17:43 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 12:27 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> >

> >> Maybe try one thing?
> >>
> >> Just for a test, create a new user and test with that to see if there is
> >> a difference.
> >>
> > ----
> > yes a difference...new user does not have the problem so maybe it is
> > related to systemsettings in KDE. Good thought
> >

> Well....multiple paths to narrow it down.....
>
> One idea would be to save copies of the .scim and .kde directories of
> the new user and then make the same changes to the new user that you
> think resulted in the problem.  If it does then you can see what files
> have changed and then determine what needs to be fixed.
----
this was my problem (as you can see, I have renamed it so that it did
not load this time I logged in)...

$ cat kxkbrc.bak
[Layout]
DisplayNames=us
IndicatorOnly=false
LayoutList=us
Options=
ResetOldOptions=true
ShowFlag=true
ShowSingle=false
SwitchMode=Global
Use=true

[Locale]
Language=en_US:zh_CN
[craig at lin-workstation config]$

I would think that this would be benign but if I rename it back again, I
will lose the use of a number of keys on my keyboard including the arrow
keys, the delete key, probably the home/insert/page up/page down keys (I
didn't check them).

Thanks for the help...now if only you could teach me Chinese as
quickly.  :-)

Craig

believed to be clean.