Linux based Data Recovery Tools

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Mon Jun 15 01:28:04 UTC 2009

I'm looking for suggestions on disk data recovery tools that can address
files and partitions formatted NTFS and EXt2/3. Ideally, I'd like
something that runs natively on Linux - specifically Fedora - but would
be willing to settle if I must for something I could run from a Windows
VM.

I see lots of on-line propaganda, but would really like to not waste my
time and money on something that I can't be confident about. Moreover, I
would strongly prefer something licensed under the GPL.

Anyone have any favorites I can consider?

Cheers,

Chris

--
"You see things as they are and ask, 'Why?'

-- George Bernard Shaw