unable to login as root on F11

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Mon Jun 15 02:25:49 UTC 2009

To reinforce what Todd says...I don't feel any need to have a graphical
(Gnome-based) login as root. There just isn't the need. You can use

`su -`

in a terminal window to get root access, then 'exit' when you are done
with the task at hand. Typically, I only need root access for
configuring services or normal updates or software installs.

I do all my most important work, the stuff that really matters, as an
unprivileged user.

Bob