Are there any BMR (bare metal restore) style apps for linux

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Jun 15 16:57:43 UTC 2009

Gabriel - IP Guys wrote:
> Thank you for taking the time to read  my email, I'm looking for a
> BMR app for fedora, so that I can at least have the piece of mind
> that I can rebuild within an hour rather than a day or so. I've
> looked at Amanda, but I'm wary about the BMR capabilities, any hints
> or tips?

There's Mondo Rescue¹.  I used that ages ago.  These days, I keep
system configuration in puppet and just backup data.  Restoring a
system can be easily done in under an hour this way (assuming you
don't need to restore many TB of data :).

¹ http://www.mondorescue.org/

Now there's no more Oak oppression, for they passed a noble law.
And the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw...