ps2pdf - Warning: glyf overlaps cmap, truncating.

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Jun 15 17:16:17 UTC 2009

I use html2ps and ps2pdf to create a pdf file from a html file, like this:

html2ps -o temp.ps 1.htm
ps2pdf temp.ps

This has been working really well, and actually still does.

I just started doing this on a brand-new Fedora 11 machine and suddenly I get
lines and lines of this error when running ps2pdf:

**** Warning: glyf overlaps cmap, truncating.

I have the same version of msttcorefonts installed on this computer as I
had installed on the computer I used to do this job before, and the original
html file specifies Times New Roman as the font to use.

I have never seen this error before when running this job.  The resulting PDF
file looks just fine so this appears to be an error message without any
consequences.

I have posted an example on my website here:

http://www.melvilletheatre.com/glyf_overlaps_cmap.tar.bz2

Can anyone tell me why I'm suddenly seeing this error?