really slow delay composing new email in evolution

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Mon Jun 15 21:49:49 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 11:53 -0500, Brian Millett wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 12:06 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 11:10 -0500, Brian Millett wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >   I've just upgraded from f10 to f11.
> > >
> > > I've noticed that to open a new compose email, evolution hangs for about
> > > 100 seconds.
> > >
> > > I've turned off ipv6.
> > >
> > > Using ext4 for "/", "/usr/local", & "/home"
> > >
> > > /dev/root / ext4
> > > /dev/sda3 /usr/local ext4
> > > /dev/sda2 /home ext4
> > > /dev/sda1 /boot ext3
> > >
> > > Anyone else seeing this delay issue?
> >
> > No. Are you using a remote LDAP server for account info by any chance?
>
> No, just local files for account info.
>
> I am using a local openldap server for the addressbook however.

Just picking up on this thread. I am also having the delay issue on 2
separate computers, and a friend of mine (also frequents this list) is
having the same problem as well.

In my case, I'm not using openldap or IPv6 for directory browsing.
Everything is POP, IMAP (GMail and a couple of private accounts), and I
have one Exchange Connector account for my work e-mail. My friend is
only using IMAP.

There is definitely something wrong, and I believe it is related to an
update to Evolution because we did not experience the problem until
after the latest Yum update for Evo...

Cheers,

Chris

--
"You see things as they are and ask, 'Why?'

-- George Bernard Shaw