yum question

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 19:14:59 UTC 2009

Markus Kesaromous wrote:
>  > I wounder if you could just copy the medio.repo file from the DVD.
>  >
>  > Mike
>
> Nop! It did not work. To wit:
>
> yum --disablerepo=adobe-linux-i386,fedora,updates,updates-testing,local
> --enablerepo=/media/dvd/media.repo  update
>
> Error getting repository data for /media/dvd/media.repo, repository not
> found
>
> It is not a repo file thatyum can use.
>
> It needs baseurl...etc

I don't think that is a valid way to specify a .repo file. Either you
have to write a yum.conf which specifies the directory media.repo
resides in as the 'reposdir' and then invoke yum with,

$ yum -c /path/to/alternate/yum.conf update

or copy the media.repo to /etc/yum.repos.d/ and then run yum as,

$ yum --disablerepo=fedora,updates --enablerepo=InstallMedia update

Worth a try for the sake of completeness. ;)

--
Suvayu