Can't receive ROOT mail. Connection refused

MUSTAFA CAGATAYLI MUSTAFA.CAGATAYLI at ciu.edu.tr
Tue Jun 16 20:14:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have installed F11 on to my HP G5000 and trying to configure Evolution to read the local mail messages delivered to ROOT from my standard user account.

When I set the proper permissions of folders, I can configure Evolution to read the messages from folder, but I need to obtain them from POP3/IMAP.

I configured Evolution and can send local messages from ROOT but can not receive ROOT's messages. I tried using both POP and IMAP, both UNPROTECTED or SSL'ed, but in every case Evolution returns "Connection Refused".

I tried stopping SENDMAIL and installing POSTFIX, but the exact scenario is available.

When  I try "telnet 110/993" the ports are closed. Using ADMINISTRATION->FIREWALL I opened the related ports, saved and reloaded the firewall configuration, but nothing changed. Ports still are not responding.

/var/log/maillog has no related log record.

What I need is to manage ROOT's local messages locally, and prefer to do this using IMAP.

Any idea ?
---------
Mustafa