F11 Samba intermittent & sluggish

gary artim gartim at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 13:54:02 UTC 2009

I'm having problem just getting a mount. I am tunnelling thru ssh:

ssh -L 1139:127.0.0.1:139 user at hostname.domainname
sudo /bin/mount -v -t cifs //127.0.0.1/user /home/user/z -o
username=user,port=1139

smb.conf:
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes

samba server is fc10 - samba-common.x86_64                     3.2.11-0.30.fc10
samba client is fc11   - samba-client.x86_64
3.3.2-0.33.fc11

same server work with fc10 client.

-- gary