Baffled by a Cable Modem

dnvot at yahoo.com dnvot at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 19:04:30 UTC 2009

> > their default:
>
> >Β Β Β Β  192.168.0.1
> >Β Β Β  192.168.0.254
> >Β Β Β  192.168.1.1
> >Β Β Β  192.168.1.254
>
> tried all of those with no luck

> I didn't see the start of this thread, but I have a motorola surfboard
> cable modem and the gui interface is 192.168.100.1.

That worked fior the next step. I had to boot into Windows XP to get the interface.
It had a little info (  MAC and voltages and such) and three buttons. When ipushed them it said " This feature hasn't been implemented . Contact your ISP."
 When I put that IP into Firefox on linux, It identifies it as "Scientific Atlanta Cable Modem" in linux  so it must be getting some info
 through . All it returns though is the outline of a box and a blank screen, and it says "transferring data from 192.168.100.1"

an I guess that all means Linux is not connected properly to the modem.