how to start KDE in F11?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 00:39:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-19 at 17:31 -0700, Dave Stevens wrote:
> Quoting Tom Horsley <tom.horsley at att.net>:
>
> > On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:14:24 -0700
> > Dave Stevens wrote:
> >
> >> I've just switched from F7 and don't find the desktop environment
> >> choice at login, where do I look for this?
> >
> > The ever helpful gnome (so-called) designers have chosen to not show
> > that option at all until you type (or select) a user name, then,
> > rather than appearing near your line of sight in the login
> > dialog box, it appears down at the bottom of the screen on the
> > bar down there where they hope no one will notice it so everyone
> > will use their ever so perfect gnome interface all the time :-).
>
> hmmmm.... seems like an odd choice for the reasons you give. But while
> we are on the topic I also can't see how to bump my workspaces up to
> six from the default four, so I'd be happy to have help with that too.
> Is there a summary I can read of changes like this?

You might want to check out http://userbase.kde.org for lots of
information on KDE4, before you find yourself asking a lot of other
questions like "what happened to the desktop folder?" and "where's the
Kicker?", etc.

poc

PS The workspaces are configured under System
Settings->Desktop->Multiple Desktops.