F11 install goes well, BUT, HP1020 Printer refuses to work.

Anthony Irven Scott anthonyscott at comcen.com.au
Sat Jun 20 04:01:39 UTC 2009

Hi All,
I have recently installed F11 by upgrading via Preupgrade from F10 to
F11 and am pretty happy with it.
The only persistent problem is my inability to get the printer up and
running. Initially, it was not recognised at all. HP-GUI didn't see it
and stated that it was not connected.
I may have complicated matters by reinstalling HP drivers manually by
doing the following:

*Step 1:-  Execute Following Command
wget -O foo2zjs.tar.gz http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/foo2zjs.tar.gz
This command will download Driver*

*Step 2** :- *Unpack the downloaded Drivers.Execute Following Commands
*tar zxvf  foo2zjs.tar.gz
cd foo2zjs*

*Step 3:- *Now Compile Drivers & Install Drivers (GCC Packages need here
now)
*[root at barot.wordpress.com~]# make
[root at barot.wordpress.com~]# make install
[root at barot.wordpress.com~]# make install-hotplug *(this command will
detect your USB printer)

When you finished this then follow below steps :-

Execute *system-config-printer* command
*Find your Printer and Install it.
*

*Get extra files from the web like Firm ware and ICM File.Select your
Printer and download it.

**$ ./getweb 1020 # Get HP LaserJet 1020 firmware file

Could anyone help with this issue. I am finding it very annoying as I
have installed this printer in previous iterations of Fedora.

Thanks for any help.
*