cups doesn't get the right ppd file

Martín Marqués martin.marques at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 19:00:18 UTC 2009

2009/6/21 Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

> I think that /etc/cups/printer.conf.0 is the working copy and
> printer.conf is what is loaded the next time cups is started. I would mv
> printer.conf and restart cups for a clean configuration.
>
> as for logging, the first letter of each line of /var/log/cups/error_log
> indicates I (info), E (error), etc.

Found the problem.

Cups puts the printer at usb://Lexmark/E120 when it's really
usb://Lexmark/Lexmark%20E120 (the second one works, while the first
one doesn't).

Now my problem is that when I stop and start again the printer I only
get the configuration pointing to usb://Lexmark/E120.

Any ideas?

--
Martín Marqués
DBA, Programador, Administrador