Error running Maple 7 on Fedora 10

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Mon Jun 22 14:46:28 UTC 2009

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, William M. Quarles wrote:

> Did you read the error message that I had posted? The files that cannot be
> found are from glibc-2.9-3, yet they are installed.

Two thoughts;

1) try setenforce 0 - selinux can sometimes cause things not to work in
unexpected ways if you aren't looking for this sort of permission problem.
setenforce 1 or a reboot will reenable it (if it was on in the first
place)

2) does it make any difference if you install the glibc-devel package
(some applications look for .so files rather than more versioned
equivalents)

2a) if you are on an x86_64 machine and maple isn't also x86_64, do you
have the glibc.i386 (or i686?) package installed?

 	Michael Young