Problems Installing Fedora x86_64

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Jun 23 05:46:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 00:25 -0500, Daniel J Celta wrote:
> Ok I fou d the folder under
>
> /mnt/sysimage/boot/grub
>
> The files under this folder are:
>
> Device.map
> E2fs_stage1_5
> fat_stage1_5
> ffs_stage1_5
> iso9660_stage1_5
> jfs_stage1_5
> minix_stage1_5
> reiserfs_stage1_5
> stage1
> stage2
> ufs2_stage1_5
> vstafs_stage1_5
> xfs_stage1_5
>
> Let me know what you think
> Thanks
>
> On Jun 22, 2009, at 10:41 PM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 22:34 -0500, Daniel J Celta wrote:
> >> Craig,
> >> Like you said the command "grub-install -v /dev/sda" works.
> >> It returs the following:
> >>
> >> "grub-install (GNU GRUB 0.97)"
> >>
> >> After exit the chroot and the shell reboot.
> >> Andafter taking out the DVD,  the computer hangs and do not do
> >> anyting......????
> > ----
> > you can try 'grub-install -v /dev/sdb' and then for sdc and sdd - the
> > thinking is that the device order is different when you boot from DVD
> > and when you don't.
> >
> > If that fails, you might want to post the contents
> > of /boot/grub/grub.conf
----
It would be helpful if you followed the instructions that I have given
you twice already, to chroot to the installed files.

You must 'linux rescue' boot which you are doing.

After it locates the partitions, you must type the command...

chroot /mnt/sysimage

at that point, you should have a /boot with a /boot/grub directory and a
file called /boot/grub/grub.conf

if you haven't done the chroot command, and you don't have a /boot
directory with a /boot/grub directory inside, any grub-install command
will fail.

Craig

believed to be clean.