Broadcom BCM43XX Nightmarte on F11

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Tue Jun 23 15:44:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 11:34 -0300, Martín Marqués wrote:
> 2009/6/23 Christopher A. Williams <chriswfedora at cawllc.com>
> >
> > I have a couple of laptops I've been working on that I have not been
> > able to get WiFi to come up on at all.
> >
> > Both of them have the Broadcom BC43XX series adapters. One of them is a
> > Gateway MX6030 laptop equipped with a Broadcom BCM4318 adapter and the
> > other is a Dell Inspiron e1705 with a BCM4311 adapter.
> >
> > In each case, the default F11 B43 drivers simply don't work at all. I
> > also have tried the kmod-wl / broadcom-wl drivers from RPM Fusion. No
> > Dice.
> >
> > This is really starting to irritate me!!!! It's almost to the point that
> > I'm ready to rip these adapters out of these machines and replace them
> > with Intel ones if I can find some that will fit.
>
> Details are needed. Some broadcom cards won't work.
>
> Give us the output of lspci -vv (only the specific to the wifi card).

Your wish is my command!....

...At least for the Gateway laptop. It's sitting right next to me so
that was pretty easy. I'll have to get the other laptop back later.

02:04.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One
54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02)
	Subsystem: Broadcom Corporation Gateway 7510GX
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Latency: 64
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
	Region 0: Memory at e0208000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
	Kernel driver in use: b43-pci-bridge
	Kernel modules: ssb

--
"You see things as they are and ask, 'Why?'

-- George Bernard Shaw