Updates to F10 now put windows partition icons on desktop!

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Thu Jun 25 04:46:29 UTC 2009

On 25/06/09 05:37, Mike Cloaked wrote:
> I just updated F10 tonight - and now when I log in I get a recovery partition
> icon and a windows OS partition on the gnome desktop - yuch.
>
> Anyone know how to turn this off?

Are they actually being mounted, or is it just the icons? Do a df -h or
a mount in a shell to see. If they are being mounted, it could be your
policy settings.

Open up "System -> Preferences -> Authorisations", why it's in this menu
is beyond me.

Have a look at "disks -> Mount a system internal device"

Implicit Authorisations should read

Anyone: No
Console: No
Active Console: Admin Authentication

See if there's any entry in Explicit Authorisations for your user and if
so remove it.

If that makes no different, then it could be that the internal disks on
your system are incorrectly being seen as external devices.

Have a look at "Disks -> Mount a device"

and set it to the same settings as above.

--
Ian Chapman.