Some issues in F11

Bradley pursley001 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 25 12:09:55 UTC 2009

Hello, everyone.

Well, I finally got myself in a position where I could finally update
from F8 to F11 - much to the complaining of another family member.
Since I wanted to reorganize my file system structure, I decided to just
back it up and do a fresh install of F11 (and from the looks of things,
I'm glad I did).  For the most part, after using it a couple of days, it
seems to run okay with a few nuisances that I wanted to verify if anyone
else is having the same issues or if there is a setting somewhere I'm
not aware of.

- On varying software packages, occasionally (actually rarely) when I
click on an icon or menu option I get a different menu or option than
what I selected even though the display indicated that I successfully
selected what I wanted.

- Upon installation, the system was unable to determine what type of
monitor was available and doesn't give me the option to manually select
the monitor's type or capabilities.  Since the xorg.conf file is not
used in F11, I can't simply edit it with the display mode to use and
when I create a new one it refuses to use the display settings I put in
therby not taking advantage of the full capabilities of my monitor.

- When attempting to select multiple files & folder in Nautilus, instead
of selecting the folders, it will not select them but expands them (and
their contents) until after I have selected a few other files / folders
first. - Sounds like a bug to me.

- I can no longer play MP3 files with Rythymbox and in Nautilus (audio
preview) by default in F11 where it could in F8!  (This is a major issue
with my family)

I am sure more issues will be posted later as I recognize them but if
someone could offer suggestions, it would be helpful.

Bradley