Graphics card recommendation?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jun 27 02:10:39 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 19:38 +0200, Andras Simon wrote:
> Just as an aside: I'm not sure these numbers mean too much. I get >
> 5000 fps with a low end nvidia card (7300 GT) and the proprietary
> driver.

Now show us a video card that actually outputs that many frames per
second.  Likewise for a monitor.

They're meaningless figures...  The only time that such undisplayable
high frame per second figures mean anything is when you're rendering
files to disc for later playback (e.g. creating computer animation).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.24-78.2.53.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.