Are there Fedora people using Thunderbird 3Beta2?

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Sat Jun 27 04:34:56 UTC 2009

On 27/06/09 11:16, Steven W. Orr wrote:

> I'd like to get a sense of how stable  (or unstable) it is. Has it crashed?
> Have you lost data? Any problems? Is it wonderful?

It seems pretty stable, although having said that, yesterday I
experienced my first real issue with it. After pulling some mail it was
sitting in what appeared to be an endless loop eating 100% CPU time. I
left it as I needed to go out and didn't want to risk losing mail by
killing it, but suspected I most likely will have to when I got back.
Came back to find 87,000 messages in my junk folder, the same 3 or 4
messages repeated over and over. After a bit of a clean up, everything
appears fine for most part and I didn't lose any mail. I would say it
feels less responsive than TB2 when doing multiple tasks and there's a
few oddities that don't make sense. The first one that springs to mind
is the lack of ability to show the total number of messages in a folder.
Requires a 3rd party extension which I think is nuts. I've never had it
segfault or lose mail yet.

--
Ian Chapman.