Help: F11 anaconda doesn't see my hard drives

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sun Jun 28 02:50:19 UTC 2009

David Timms writes:

> On 06/28/2009 11:10 AM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>> 4) Anaconda sees neither the softraid partitions, nor the actual
>> underlying /dev/sd? devices at all.
> When you say softraid, you mean linux software raid, rather than bios
> raid or hardware raid ?

Yes. Linux softraid.

> Maybe it is related to:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F11_bugs#Kickstart_installations_cannot_reuse_existing_RAID_arrays

No. I am not doing a kickstart install.

And I succesfully updated two other machines with F10 installed on Linux
softraid, to F11.

Something in Anaconda is failing to see the second and the third drive on a
machine with the first drive being an IDE drive, and the 2nd and the 3rd
drive being SCSI drives. It doesn't see the drives, but I can flip over to
the ALT-F2 shell, and run mdadm --assemble --scan. mdadm ends up creating
/dev/md125, /dev/md126, and /dev/md127 (!), rather than /dev/md[012], but I
can mount them manually and see my existing F10 partitions.

So, Anaconda is not even assembling my existing RAID arrays. I can assemble
them manually, but Anaconda does not see them.