EEEPC FC11 install

Andrew Cocker andrew at cocker.id.au
Sun Jun 28 09:49:13 UTC 2009

Hi
I have had FC10 working surprisingly well as a web server for months on an
Asus EeePC (Intel Atom bases mini PC) but an upgrade to FC11 failed so I
have had to restart from scratch.  The EeePC has no optical drive and I have
tried using both a 4GB USB key and USB hard drive.  I tried both
livecd-tools and Unetbootin to create a bootable USB drive.  In every
attempt anaconda runs but after I get through the partitioning stage it
creates a file system and then fails with an error message that it cannot
mount the ISO source, usually /dev/sdb1.

Am I doing something dumb, is there a bug?  Should I try reinstalling FC10
and upgrading to FC11 instead?

All advice gratefully received.