i want to deny the access to facebook in my machine

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jun 30 13:12:42 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 11:27:35 +0100,
  Adel ESSAFI <adelessafi at gmail.com> wrote:
> HI
>
> 2009/6/27 Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to>
>
> > On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 14:09:13 +0200,
> >   Adel ESSAFI <adelessafi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi list
> > >

> > > I am using f11 and I want to deny the access to facebook in my machine.
> > >
> > > I know that I have to use iptable but I find that very complicated. Can
> > some
> > > one help me.
> > >
> > > what commande should I use to make that.
> >

> I just want to deny the access to facebook

That's still not very useful. Do you want to keep yourself from accidentally
visiting facebook? Are you worried they might have images (say ads) on other
web pages. Are you trying to keep other users on your machine from going to
that site, but allowing them to visit other sites? The kind of solution you
might want to use depends on what you are really trying to do. For some
plausible goals and security models, iptables isn't going to be (at least in
itself) a workable solution.

If you want appropriate help you need to explain what you are really trying
to do, not ask for help about the details of implementing a particular
solution that may or may not be effective.