WUSB54G firmware

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Jun 1 21:38:36 UTC 2009

Jim wrote:
> FC10/Kde
>
> I'm trying to setup a Linksys WUSB54G and I get this error message from
> DMESG.
>
> usb 2-2: firmware: requesting l3886usb
>
> usb 2-2: (p54usb) cannot find firmware (isl3886usb)
>
> usb 2-2: firmware: requesting isl3890usb
>
> p54usb: probe of 2-2:1.0 failed with error -2
> usbcore: registered new interface driver p54usb
>

> I have googled isl3886USB and can't find the firmware, does anyone know
> where this firmware
> is.

Mine identifies as WUSB54GC on the label, and works with FC{9,10,11} without
doing anything special. Now, there are some kernel firmware packages, I would
assume you have them installed, although I don't remember seeing anything about
it in dmesg.

If you are still stuck I'll fire up FC10 and grab the dmesg, my FC11 is a bit
hacked at the moment.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>