Skype under Fedora-10

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 21:57:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 22:31 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>
> >> I would like to transfer my Skype contacts to someone else,
> >> but don't see any way to do this under Linux.
> >
> > AFAIK your Skype contacts are held by Skype, rather like your Gmail
> > contacts are held by Gmail. I use Skype from several machines and have
> > never had to copy stuff from one to another.
>
> I'm afraid my solution was to Backup my contacts list
> under Windows XP Skype, and Restore the file when logged in
> as the other user, again under Windows.
>
> I didn't see this offered under Linux, but I didn't look very carefully.

We appear to be speaking at cross purposes. I don't understand what you
mean by "Backup my contacts list" and "restore the file". Didn't you try
simply logging into Skype on the second machine, without copying
anything? To repeat, that's all I've ever had to do and all my contacts
just follow me around. I've done this on Linux, MacOS and Windows.

poc