update to F11 with yum

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Jun 2 01:13:08 UTC 2009

On Monday 01 June 2009, David wrote:
>On 6/1/2009 6:36 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Monday 01 June 2009, David wrote:
>>> On 6/1/2009 3:12 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> Where did you 'get' the preupgrade.
>>
>> F8 repo via yumex.
>
>Ok. You had an install of Fedora 8 and you tried/wanted to upgrade to
>Fedora 10? Correct?

Its been running F8 for over a year, just not recently powered up.  There were
50 packages which took several hours to get and install, then I rebooted and
installed preupgrade from the F8 repos.  So its been running F8 for about 20
months when it was running.  I had installed it fresh a week before I took off
to go say goodby to my daughter Barbara in late fall of 2007.

And yes, what I really wanted was an upgrade to F10.  Now its at rawhide, and
I have no keyboard or mouse when in x so ATM I'm wandering around in a few
tty's.

>It will have to wait until the weekend but Ill d/l Fedora 8 and try this.
>--

TYhanks David but don't worry about it, its done, its broken, and now it must
be fixed asap cuz  I'll need it for the Michigan trip in addition to running
fmit.

And I'll need it 100% functional before the end of the week, this MI job MUST
be done by midnight June 11.  That part is not even open for discussion. FCC
mandate.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)