update to F11 with yum

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Tue Jun 2 02:29:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 21:01 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Well, its busy putting the finishing touches and the reboot to rawhide right
> now.  It just asked for a runlevel 3 passwd.
>
> And the first casualty is my accessory usb mouse, its dead and I am stuck with
> that totally worthless scratchpad, which I swear picks up the local radio
> station, its totally spastic if the hand isn't held so high above the keyboard
> when typing that its strictly one finger typing.

Gene, I think if you look at System -> Hardware -> Mouse in F11, there
is a setting to disable the touchpad when typing.  If you don't see
that, or if you use KDE and it doesn't offer that option, check out
syndaemon, which is the utility that accomplishes that.  It's part of
the synaptics driver package.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences