I'd like to get rid of pulseaudio but ... (Gene Heskett)

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Jun 2 21:07:38 UTC 2009

jdow wrote:
> [...]

The last time I ran a system without X alsa worked fine. As said by others,
don't stop pulseaudio, remove it. Even then it leave garbage, better to not
install it if forcing it on people wasn't an issue with someone. There ought to
be a choice between at install time, do you want to (a) play and record sound on
your system or (b) play an interactive game called try to make PA work right?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>