Skype under Fedora-10

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 2 22:11:48 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 15:23 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Incidentally, is there any alternative to Skype
> that works under Linux and Windows XP?

Until someone hacks the proprietary Skype system, and I haven't seen any
notice that someone has, you're not going to see a non-Skype program
that can connect to other Skype programs.

Skype's a lousy idea, for various reasons, and that's just one of them.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.