F10 stuck at grub -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Jun 3 17:05:57 UTC 2009

    Smith, Herb wrote:
>     http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/fedora.redhat/linux/releases/10/Fedora/i
>     386/os/images/
    Yes I found a site with the boot.iso stuff and put it on a cd. Even
    then I had problems and finally decided to remove the hard drives
    and replace them with one larger drive which was my ultimate
    intention anyway. Even then the livecd had trouble trying to install
    over an existing F-10 on that larger drive. I had to reformat it
    with fdisk ... Then the livecd install went as expected.

    I also learned a few other things ....

    I believe most of my trouble was due to an item in the BIOS setup
    that I had not noticed before which forced it to boot from the first
    drive and I had put everything on the second. I didn't notice that
    until I replaced the drives and went through the BIOS settings for
    the nth time!

    We get too late smart.

    Thanks to all for the help. Now to continue my file server
    experimentation.

    Bob