Are you using LXDE?

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 3 18:23:22 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 03 June 2009, kira.laucas at gmail.com wrote:

> sudo yum install system-config-display and then run
> system-config-display. it will create a new xorg.conf file. or you can
> just run nvidia-xconfig if you have kmod package.

Thanks. That did it. Right now I'm logged in from remote on VNC, but when I
get home, I'll let you know how switching to nouveau did as far as KDE
goes. I think it may have helped, but I still think KDE is a bit of a
resource hog. I have been using KDE/OpenBox. I can give straight KDE a shot
and see if it helped any.