ibssl.so.7 ?!

Germán Racca german.racca at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 19:34:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 09:18 -0300, Martín Marqués wrote:
> 2009/6/2 Germán Racca <german.racca at gmail.com>:
> >
> > Hello Martín, thanks for your answer.
> >
> > Well, as I have libssl.so.8 and libcrypto.so.8 installed, and KDE is
> > looking for libssl.so.7 and libcrypto.so.7, I decided to create the
> > symbolic links that KDE is looking for. I have the following:
> >
> > /usr/lib/libssl.so.8: symbolic link to `libssl.so.0.9.8k'
> > /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.8: symbolic link to `libcrypto.so.0.9.8k'
> >
> > so I have created the following symbolic links:
> >
> > /usr/lib/libssl.so.7: symbolic link to `libssl.so.0.9.8k'
> > /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.7: symbolic link to `libcrypto.so.0.9.8k'
> >
> > and with that now everything is working fine again.
>
> As Jussi said, this is bad thing to do. If at any time the kde
> applications need to use some specific thing that is in libssl.so.7
> and not in libssl.so.8, you'll be doomed.
>
> --
> Martín Marqués
> select 'martin.marques' || '@' || 'gmail.com'
> DBA, Programador, Administrador

Hello Martín:

You and Jussi are right, the problem is that I can't find the way to put
KDE to work again. Anyway, I recognize this is not the correct way. I
will still wait for help on this problem.

I always make a 'yum clean all' before updating. The 'yum update' says
'No Packages marked for Update'. I'll wait the results from your update.

Thanks!
Germán.

--
Germán A. Racca