Upgrade FC3 to FC10

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200906 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 20:06:50 UTC 2009

g <geleem at bellsouth.net> writes:
> is it not possible to pull old version iso's from archives and burn dvd's
> to step thru versions to current using 'upgrade' feature?

Before the recent preupgrade from f10 to f11/rawhide I've never had an
upgraded that worked well enough to use.  Things might have seemed to
work for a wile, but there were a lot of rough edges.  Doing a long
string of upgrades would just compound the problem.  Sure he can try,
but *I* wouldn't bother.

Half the advantage of doing an upgrade is that one gets to blow away
one's hacked-to-death config files that one did years ago when one
didn't understand things as well.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              Android 1.5 (Cupcake) and Fedora-11