network question - is this unusual?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 5 00:58:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 16:01 -0700, Gerhard Magnus wrote:
> So I'm asking: is there something weird about this
> structure?

No, it's all very normal.

>  Is there some "better" or more standard setup?

No, that sort of thing (modem to router/switch to individual PCs), is
the best way of doing it.  The only thing that'll need setting up to
suit the ISP is the modem, or the router (if the modem acts as a simple
dumb modem, and the next thing in the chain is used to provide logon
credentials).

The tech you had to deal with was an idiot.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.24-78.2.53.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.