Skype under Fedora-10

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Jun 5 11:15:02 UTC 2009

Suvayu Ali wrote:

>> Perhaps they are talking about transferring contacts between Skype
>> accounts, not merely a new system user who uses the same Skype
>> account.

That is indeed what I was talking about.

> I don't think that would be possible by just copying over a file
> locally. The contacts have to be present on their servers associated
> with the new account. Having it locally wouldn't be enough. Isn't that
> correct?

No.
It is possible since I did it, under Windows XP.
You Backup your contacts to a file, transfer that file to the other user,
who can then Restore the contacts to their Skype system.

I don't know if this is possible under Linux.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net