config network-manager

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Fri Jun 5 16:12:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 17:22:31 +0200
François Patte wrote:

> Thanks. I have seen this. But everytime I reboot the system, wired and
> wireless connection are ticked and everytime nm chooses to connect
> trough wireless....
>
> Is there somewhere a config file where I can tell nm that the default
> connection is the wired one.

I did this on my main laptop a while back but I can't remember exactly what I
did.  It may have have something to do with removing the word "auto" in the
description.  My intention was to be able to connect manually to either one of
my two WAP's, without the machine making the choice for me.

I know that it was pretty straight-forward to do but again, I can't remember
exactly what I did.  But it can be done.