Common F11 Bugs

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Fri Jun 5 20:43:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 16:25:55 -0400 (EDT)
Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   do any of those bugs refer to the fact that (at least for me)
> firefox is still teeth-grindingly slow?   i've mentioned this before
> and i've tried everything i can think of to speed it up but, at this
> point, it's utterly unusable.  even sitting there, it perpetually
> sucks up 100% of the CPU on a dual core system, while seamonkey will
> happily sit there, idling along at about 0.8%.

There must be something really wrong with your system.  I have never seen that
on any of numerous Fedora machines, unless you're at a web page that's using a
lot of CPU to show you something or if something has got Firefox stuck in a
tight loop of some kind.  In either case, simply closing and re-opening Firefox
solves the problem.  Doing "nothing", Firefox uses an insignificant amount of
CPU.

Do you have some Firefox extension that's causing problems?  What happens if
you remove all Firefox extensions?