Graphics card recommendation?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Jun 5 22:01:38 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:

>> If you can part with around $40 US, you can find nVidia Quadro FX 2000
>> cards that will knock your socks off (yes, OVERKILL).
>
> Bad recommendation. The OP wants cards which just work in Fedora. NVidia
> is the exact opposite. Don't buy NVidia!

Actually, some kind soul (in Dublin) gave me an old AGP card gratis,
but when I looked in the machine I saw that though it has an AGP slot,
it also has a built-in video card, attached directly to the motherboard.
I'm wondering if I install the card I've been given in the AGP slot,
can I disable the built-in card, (a) in Linux, and (b) in Windows?

I guess I'd better ask about (b) elsewhere!

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net