Fc9 rhythmbox - magnatune catalog download failure

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sat Jun 6 17:24:40 UTC 2009

Rhythmbox Fans,

I have an 2.6.27.24-78.2.53.fc9.i686 laptop system and for some reason
the magnatune plugin of rhythmbox stopped downloading their catalog.

I have have done a yum remove rhythmbox and renamed the following
directories so there would be no confusion on a reinstall :
/home/user/.cache/rhythmbox
/home/user/.gconf/apps/rhythmbox
/home/user/.gnome2/rhythmbox

I have done a reinstall by yum install rhythmbox

I still can not get magnatune plugin to download its catalog.

The other features of rhythmbox work fine.

I have other machines in the same subnet that download songs from
magnatune without difficulty.

Any ideas?

che
--