Which directory contents I can remove??

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 00:58:44 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-06-06 at 17:32 -0700, gmspro wrote:
> In windows xp I can delete the contents of temp directory.
> In linux which directory contents I can remove?

By convention, temporary files are in /tmp (sometimes /var/tmp). You can
delete them as you would any other file, using "rm ...".

> Is there any command to do that easily?
> Or is there any graphical software that I can use for this purpose?

Any of the graphical file managers.

Be sure you understand the consequences of deleting temporary files
before doing so, as there's no easy way to undelete files in Linux.

poc