Which directory contents I can remove??

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Sun Jun 7 10:29:36 UTC 2009

Around 03:03am on Sunday, June 07, 2009 (UK time), Bruno Wolff III scrawled:
> Normally you don't have to. There is supposed to be cron job that deletes
> files /tmp and /var/tmp that haven't been read or written in a while.

Supposed to be, or is?  Can you give any more information, esp what it
is called?

I alsways create my own, and put it in /etc/cron.daily

        #!/bin/bash

        echo "Removing old files from /tmp"

        tmpwatch --mtime --verbose --verbose 168 /tmp

        exit 0

Steve

--

 Play Champions - my free football predictions game at:
 	http://www.stevesearle.com/champs/about.html

 11:27:09 up 28 days, 21:51,  1 user,  load average: 1.18, 1.04, 1.01