Skype under Fedora-10

Veli-Pekka Kestilä fedora at guagua.fi
Sun Jun 7 15:30:33 UTC 2009

Alan Cox wrote:
>> there is a lot of computers which cannot act as a server and no-one will
>> want to host voip server for free (in large scale)
>>

> Skype users all appear to be very happy to do so....

That's true, but I meant it's usually  limited how many connections your
skype client is able to redirect. No one is willing to fork money for
server infrastructure doing same for thousands of people.

And this is why it would be nice to have opensource application doing
the same thing as skype. It's basicly only way to compete with
commercial providers.

It's also the reason how Skype was able to compete in the market as they
didn't need big server infrastructure to keep calls working.

-vpk