Gnome keyring password prompt on login

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Mon Jun 8 10:14:49 UTC 2009

Around about 02/06/09 16:28, Todd Zullinger typed ...
> I'll bet on the laptop, you've got a login.keyring and on the desktop,
> you've got a default.keyring in ~/.gnome2/keyrings.

   I'll check that.  I do recall that I had some issue a short while back on
the laptop that it somehow stuffed the keyring it had been using, and either
wouldn't unlock it or kept complaining that there wasn't a default.  I think
I manually deleted what was there and created what it was asking for
(default, I think).

   I'll also play with having the password the same as my login, although I
think I'd rather it were diff.;  I wasn't worried about having to type the
password when logging into the laptop, more that I *wasn't* having to on one
and was on the other.

   Although if I'm going to be habitually typing it straight after I've
typed my main password, maybe there's not much point.  It's only got wifi
jobbies in there ATM anyway.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature