F10: grub won't boot, beeps instead

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Mon Jun 8 14:43:51 UTC 2009

Colin Brace wrote:

> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>> It sounds like you are going to have to re-install Grub. I can not
>> check it right now, but I thought there was an option to do that
>> when you booted in the rescue mode. If not, you can chroot
>> /mnt/sysinstall and run grub-install.
>>

> OK, I ran grub-install on /dev/sdc; it seems to run without problem, and the
> device.map it generates appears correct: (hd0) = /dev/sdc1
>
> But grub still won't boot. :(

Oops - are you booting to /dev/sdc, or to another drive? (Check your
BIOS settings.) I need to wake up more and think about this...

Mike
--

"I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my
telephone. My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my

   -Bjorne Stroustrup, computer science professor,
                       designer of C++ programming language (1950- )