Skype under Fedora-10

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 9 01:35:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 18:49 -0500, Rick Sewill wrote:
> On a personal note, I couldn't get friends and people in a company I
> used to work for, to switch from Skype to SIP.  I tried.  They said,
> "Skype just worked".  I had to use Skype, on a Windows PC, provided by
> the people I used to work for.

That makes for a very expensive phone (a whole computer, plus Windows).
For an office, especially, a more sane solution is a hardware VOIP phone
that plugs into any standard phone server.

Even for home use, a good solution is a hardware phone plugged into a
hardware VOIP box.  Some modem/routers even have that built into them,
now.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.24-78.2.53.fc9.i686