Is this the real Fedora 11? I ask because of the file dates...

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Tue Jun 9 23:51:49 UTC 2009

Fernando Cassia wrote:
> See here
> http://blog.nfllab.com/archives/152-Win32-native-md5sum,-sha1sum,-sha256sum-etc..html
>
> Google is your friend. :)

I wouldn't say that downloading an executable from some blog is the
best thing to recommend.  Especially not if the goal is to check the
integrity of the Fedora .iso images.

I'm not sure what to recommend for Windows users honestly.  With the
recent work that has gone into Fedora to allow cross-compiling windows
binaries, it might be possible to build an sha256sum.exe that could be
hosted on fedoraproject.org.  That might be a little more trustworthy
for us to suggest Windows users use to verify the .iso file we
distribute.

> PS: Adding a "checksum-verification.txt´text file explaining that
> users need to use sha256sum, and where to obtain it, would be cool.

What about https://fedoraproject.org/verify ?

A fool's brain digests philosophy into folly, science into
superstition, and art into pedantry.  Hence University education.
    -- George Bernard Shaw