FC11: Unable to add a printer

Marco Guazzone marco.guazzone at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 07:51:21 UTC 2009

Dear Fedora users,

I've just installed FC11 x86_64.

When I try to add a new printer with system-config-printer (as root),
I get the following error message after clicking the Apply button (in
the last step of the "New Printer" wizard):

--- [error] ---
Unauthorized request (addPrinter)
You are not authorized to carry out the requested action.
--- [/error] ---

The step I've done are the following:
1. From a root account, run the system-config-printer
2. Click on "New" button
3. Select the Network Printer -> AppSocket/HP Jet Direct
4. Insert the IP address and click on Forward
5. Select the "HP Laserjet 4250 Postscript [en] (recommended)" driver
and click on Forward
6. Add the Printer Name, Description and Location and click on Apply
7. Error!!

Any idea??

Thank you very much for the support!

Cheers,